stat Counter



Saturday, October 8, 2011

ಬಿ. ಮಾಲಿನಿ ಮಲ್ಯ-- ಬಾಳಿಗೊಂದು ಉತ್ತರ Baligondu Uttara { Autobiogrphy } by B. Malini Mallya

ಶಿವರಾಮ ಕಾರಂತರ ಉಯಿಲು 
 Shivarama Karanth's ' Will '                    
Kota Shivarama Karantha {!902- 1997 } was one of the finest- novelist, activist's of 20th century India.Mrs. Malini Mallya worked as his secretary from 1974 to 1997.Now she is the president of Dr, Kota Shivarama Karanth Research Centre at Saligrama, Udupi District, Karnataka.
                     Shivarama Karanth wrote his final will in june 18th, 1994.In his will Dr. karanth praises Mrs. Malini Mallya for her exemplary devotion and sincerity-- " Since I Left the house 'Suhasa 'I have been living in a specially built house 'Manasa' of Smt. Malini Mallya, who has built it with borrowed money at her cost.She had joined my service as copyist and later she secured an employment in Life Insurance Corporation of India.Ever since 1994 till now my old age,she has been serving me with exemplary devotion and sincerity.And in this occasion I must also acknowledge with gratitude that she diligently cared and nursed my wife Leela Karanth during her prolonged illness till her last day.And she has cared and looked after me also during my illness which at times has been quite serious, enbeebling me for long period. In recognition of her  devotion and sincere affection towards me , in 1986 I have dedicated one of my novels namely, ' Antida Aparanji ' to her.I have also placed on record  her invaluable services in my Memoirs ' Huchu Manasina Hattu Mukhagalu ' 1991 edition. In my opinion , very long enduring and a signal service she hs done to me and to my literary works is, in writing a bibliography of all my books - a highly meritorious and scholarly work involving so much of painstaking research, that it has been acclaimed and rated as the first of its kind in kannada and highly appreciated by critics and scholars.Apart from this she has colleced and edited all my stray writings from 1924 onwards  upto date in eight sumptuous volumes which are being published by Mangalore University.This work  has also brought her deserving fame and appreciation of scholars.Such painstaking service in this direction has  brought to light several of my hitherto untraced, forgotten and unknown writings  and hereby giving them extented  and renewed lease of life."
                      Mrs. Malini Mallys'Shivarama Karantha Vagmaya Vrattanta{1992.] is an important reference book  to research scholars and students.She has writen research books on Shivarama Karanth's contribution to  theatre, childrens' literature,yakshagana .She has edited Shivarama Karanth's articles in 9 volumes containing nearly 1000 articles.
                    Mrs. Maliini Mallya joined  as Shivarama Karanths' secretary in 1974.In her autobiography ' Baligondu Uttara '  { Kannada } she writes about the multi- faced personality of Mr. Karanth. Her articles on Karanths' daily routine,evening walkings, worldview, films,experiments in Yakshgana, affection for children are interesting and intimate. Malini Mallya's aricle about the last days of Karanth is an important  document.
                     Shivarama Karanth's last Will is published in this book.Malini Mallya's autobiography gives  an intimate description of Shivarama Karanth's life  from 1974-1997.Shivarama Karanth Researsh Institute at Saligrama is a fruitfull living monument to Dr. Kota Shivarama Karanth.Congrats to Mrs Malini Mallya for  her  dreams and achievemets.
Baligondu Uttara
[ an autobography ]
written by-
B. Malini Mallya
President, Dr. Kota Shivarama Karantha Research Institute, 
Saligrama-576225
udupi district, karnataka, india
Phone-0820-2564191
Published by-
Kiran Book Distributors
no-538,1st cross, 1st stage,
4th block,HBR Layout,
Bangalore-560043
Phone-080-25432776
pages- 372
First Edition- 2008
copyright-author
Price-Rs-190
Cover design- B.N.Vasanthakumar

No comments:

Post a Comment